CLARIFICATIONS AND ERRATA
"No plan survives contact with the enemy."
- Correlli Barnett
Commander Card clarificatons
COMMANDER CARDS CLARIFICATIONS
Specific Commander Card clarifications and errata can be found on the Commanders Page. Click the individual Commander image for clarifications and updates.
General Commander Card Rule Clarifications (Except for #6 these are not Errata just clarifications and explanations.)
1. Commander pay-per-use abilities can only be activated once per round.
2. Some unit pay-per-use abilities allow multiple units to activate an ability, in these cases each unit can only activate the ability once.
3. Vehicle Call-In's from Commander tiers can be purchased multiple times in a round.
4. Unit Upgrades from Commander tiers are in addition to the units normal upgrade options found on their building board. These upgrades can only be purchased once per unit.
5. Alternate unit versions found on some Commander Cards retain their original unit's upgrade options unless otherwise specified. (See Royal Engineer Regiment and Devil's Brigade examples below).
6. REMINDER: Commander abilities never affect allies unless otherwise stated. The exception is indirect effects, for example placing an 'Eye' die for a Recon Plane ability reveals the hex for everyone.
2. Unit pay per use ability: the Mechanized Company's Improved Repair ability allows all Riflemen to pay 1 munitions to gain +1 repair this round. While all Riflemen can choose to purchase this, each one can only do so once per round.
3. Vehicle Call-In's. Access to Sherman Easy Eights is not a pay per use ability; it is a passive purchase option. Multiple Easy Eight Shermans could be purchased in the same round.
4. Unit Upgrades. The .50 cal Jeeps upgrade is available for purchase by all Jeeps, but each Jeep can only purchase it once. Doing so would not remove any other upgrade options (although in this case Jeeps do not happen to have other upgrades available).
5. Alternate Unit Versions. Specialized Training, converts Infantry into Royal Engineers with different base stats, but otherwise retain the upgrade options of the Infantry Sections on the building boards. The same goes for the alternate Churchill AVRE version. Note that the Devil's Brigade unit specifically denies them the Riflemen upgrades.
These are key gameplay clarifications and errata, recommended for all player's to review.
1. Victory Conditions are checked at the end of the round.
2. Impassable Terrain: Units cannot move, repair, reinforce, spawn or construct structures across impassable terrain. (Spawn is reference to spawning from OKW buildings.
3. ERRATA Building Board 1 Back Reference: The US, Soviet and Wehrmacht Building Boards have a reference guide on the back, it incorrectly states building rules, (the rulebook is correct however). The correct building rules are: Regular Infantry and Machine Gun squads can enter buildings for 1 cp, but cannot leave that building on the same round.
4. Multi- Hex Buildings like the Cathedral provide cover to the units inside from outside units, but do not provide cover from other units inside the building. Multi-hex buildings are the only structures opposing teams can enter at the same time. Units can move freely within multi-hex buildings without ending their movement. Units can also attack freely to any other hex within the building. (See the Cathedral diagram in the Mission Book p.4)
5. Stalingrad Multi-Hex Buildings. The Stalingrad double buildings incorrectly show these as adjacent buildings when in fact they are double hex buildings with multi-hex building rules. Each section of these two hex buildings can be destroyed independently.
6. Close Range Fire Power Clarification. This ability adds +1 AI damage to adjacent targets. It is not affected by any upgrades or abilities that increase range.
7. OKW Building Board 2, missing "requires a SWS Supply Truck" in its cost section.
Page reference changes
Page 12: The Default Reinforcement Point has been changed from “1B and 2B” (incorrect) to “1A and 2A” (correct).
Soviet M3A1 Scout Car references page 12 incorrectly. The correct reference is page 6. Advanced Rulebook.
Page 6: The Default Reinforcement Point has been changed from “1B and 2B” (incorrect) to “1A and 2A” (correct).
Table of Contents: The Commander FAQ begins on 26 and continues onto page 27.
Page 21, Remaining Map Configuration: The entry incorrectly references “(see p. 9-12).” Instead it should reference “(see p. 10-13).”
Page 7, RTS Mode, Placement Ties: The entry incorrectly references “(see Deciding Turn Order in the Advanced Rulebook p. 8)”. Instead it should reference: “(see Turn Order in the Basic Rulebook p. 3).”
Page 20, Two Islands - Large Map: The entry incorrectly references the Frozen River rules “(p. 12).” Instead it should reference “(p. 13).”
Page 9, The Island - Small Map: The entry incorrectly references the Frozen River rules “(p. 12).” Instead it should reference “(p. 13).”
TERRAIN PACK 1
There are 6 Tank Traps not 9.
There are 12 Flag Poles not 13.
There are 12 Blue Flags not Green.
OBERKOMMANDO WEST EXPANSION
There are 3 Puma Light Vehicles not 2.
TERRAIN PACK 2
There are 8 Building Ruins not 6.